Monday, September 8, 2008

Free Memberships Available!

In our last lesson, we learned of our need to put our faith in the foundation, the only sure foundation, Jesus Christ, that we might not be put to shame. (From 1 Peter 2:6)

So we know that we will not be shamed but what will we get for our belief? Does anything await us as believers in the Precious Cornerstone?

Amazingly, the answer is yes. We are promised fellowship with God and a place of honor with the Lord Almighty Himself, Creator of heaven and earth! How exciting as Peter goes on, possibly almost breathless with excitement, to tell us what our rewards in the next verses:

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. 1 Peter 2:9,10


Mom, could you use some mercy today? Are you stumbling about in darkness? Do you feel that you do not belong, that you are not a part of any "people"? Do you feel disposessed, all on your own, alone?

The good news that if you are a believer in Jesus Christ today, you are in fact part of a chosen people, a living stone that God is using to build his spiritual temple here on earth.

I know what it is like to be in a big group and still feel alone. I know what it is like to walk in darkness. All the years I walked in spiritual darkness, I had recurring nightmares about being trapped in darkness. I even sought professional counseling our of desperation to rid myself of the terrors that often befell me at night.

The dreams only ended after the Lord drew me to himself in his mercy and grace. Once I believed, truly believed in the Creator of Light himself, the darkness was lifted from my life. Sometimes life is dusky, but never the pitch black that it once was.

I am here on this blog today to "proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness and into his marvelous light." Hallelujah!

Jesus Christ is the only foundation worth standing on and I praise his holy name forever!



Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the answers to all yor quistions is yes except the walking in darkness part but it feels so good yet so sad that others know what it feels like to be in a church that doesnt notice u smile at u or say hi. i might be a unwed single mother but they need to not preac like im not saved or never was they dont know my testimony christ walked me through it and loves my boys even when there dads didnt i might wear jeans and tennis shoes to church but little do they care to know if they must this is my sundays best i dont go to church for a show to impress im going to find fellowship in the body raise my boys around postive people but come out disappointed and leaperd unclean everytime i walk in thank u jesus that ur not like the any of the churches ive unorently come across. christ has still been and always be my true husband and friend and it eels good:)