Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Are You Equipped?

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16,17 (NIV)

I was recently struck by the verses 2Timothy 3:16,17 while reading my children's nightly devotional to them.

Many days, I feel completely ill-equipped to handle the demands of being a wife and mom.

I began to pray and ask the Lord to show me more about how these verses from 2 Timothy can help me.

I heaped up my bed with my concordance, Greek-to-English dictionary, Bible dictionary, Webster's dictionary and thesaurus, my study Bible and my Bible journal and I began to write, read and pray.

Although the Lord has led me to many studies similarly in the past, this time I knew it was to be different.

For now, I have the deepest conviction that I am to be sharing my studies with other moms.

No longer may I hide my light, the light of the love of Jesus in me, under a basket.

I am being called, and I must believe equipped, to share my love of God's word with other weary, confused and hurting moms.

In my first online study, I will taking a close look at what our Lord has to say about his word, the Holy Scriptures, and how that relates to our callings as wives and mothers.

I am no theologian, but I read and listen to the best of them. Of my own accord I am surely not competent to be leading Bible studies. I only do this through Christ who strengthens and equips me with the help and guidance of my husband.

I pray earnestly that anyone participating in these studies with me will be blessed by them as the Lord wills it.

Subscribe to this blog or sign up for the newsletter.

If you have no idea what this Bible and Lord talk is all about, please e-mail me or leave a comment and I will definitely get back to you soon!

Soli Deo Gloria!

Photo above courtesy of knowhimonline from flickr.com.

No comments: